Nov 4, 2017
Have you upgraded to iOS 11 yet? Well, of course you have! We
discuss tips for dealing with the latest changes doled out by
Apple. We also review OWC’s Thunderbolt 3 Dock and the Day One app
for journalling. Full show notes are at InTouchwithiOS.com
Direct Link to Audio
iOS 11.1 Update:
• video: “10 years in the making: The evolution of iOS” — Computerworld from IDG
• iOS upgrades are automatically downloaded to your device when
they become available but you do not need to apply them right away.
We talk about the perception that many feel where they must upgrade
the operating system and how to make it suit your needs
Get help with over-the-air iOS updates — Apple
• 3D app switcher is back in iOS 11.1!
OWC Dock Review
• The Thunderbolt 3 Dock from OWC enriches our user experience by connecting iOS devices to the Mac for rapid charging using the high-powered ports and for those times when you still want to connect your iOS device to a Mac for upgrading or managing data with tools like iMazing
External monitor problem iMac 2017 High Sierra — Apple Support
macOS High Sierra Broke Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter on Thunderbolt 3 Dock — TheMacMommy
• Day One Journal for iOS & Apple Watch
• Day One for macOS
There are In-App Purchases for different add-on services
• How to delete pesky voicemails that won’t stay deleted: put iPhone into Airplane mode, then delete voicemails, then disable Airplane mode — delete voicemails again if necessary, they should now stay deleted.
found in iMore Forums: Voicemail won’t delete
• Contact: email us • like our Facebook page, tweet @InTouchwithiOS, @TheMacMommy or @daveg65
• Meta: ITWIOS 016 Dealing with Change was recorded November 1, 2017. “Please Listen Carefully” by Jahzzar is licensed under CC BY-SA 4.0. In Touch with iOS is an independently produced podcast, publication and social identity and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Apple Inc. iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. All other Apple Inc. trademarks discussed are the property of Apple Inc. A full list of Apple trademarks is available here. Sometimes we use affiliate links for products in show notes. Unless otherwise noted, these products or services are not a sponsor. Your patronage helps to support our content production at no additional cost to you and does not alter our honest opinion of said product or service.